10/21/17 Lesson 6-Response on "Personal Space Differences"

We don't ever realize that every culture has its own personal space, until we see it for yourself. I am born and raised in Brazil, and we love being close and attending crowded places, despite how crowded they can get. Most people touch each other when talking.

The first time I heard the term "personal bubble place", I was in the U.S. Coming from a culture where being close in totally ok, I may have made a few mistakes. Being really close to people that I don't know was pretty normal, specially standing in lines. So my American friend was always telling me to take a step back.

I agree that we all should be aware of personal spaces from other cultures, so we don't misunderstand people in and out of class. A good way of doing would be having lessons about world wide cultures, specially when ESL classes where there are people from all around the globe. 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas