lesson 5 10/14/17 Response to "Cultural Differences Concerning TIME Video"

I really appreciated learning more about how Polychronic and Monochronic people deal when it comes to time. Most people are from Polychronic culture and the United States and Canada are like that. A few years ago, I heard while I was in the US “If you are early, you are on time and If you are on time, you are late” and “Time is everything”.  Being on a Polychronic culture, I felt that most of time things were rushed, most people hates spending their time on trivial things and complain about being stuck on line and traffic jam.

Latins Americans And Africans are from Monochronic culture, and they deal differently when it comes to time. Quality time is highly important and being late is not exactly a problem.

I come from a Monochronic culture and I didn’t like very much when I got into a Polychronic culture, but I decided to follow the custom because I didn’t want to be rude or waste someone’s time. When I came back to my country, I remember that I got very frustrated with my Monochronic culture because most of the time I was the only one on time.


The truth is, it’s not easy to change some cultural customs and sometimes we just need to accept that instead of being frustrated. 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas