10/16/17 lesson 6 "Differences in Emotional Expressivity"

People express emotions all the time, but they all do it differently. It's not hard to see people being misinterpreted by the way they said something or see people feeling hurt and attacked. I believe that emotional expressivity is one of the biggest cultural issues that we can have, and we don't need to go too far to see that happening.

I'm from a small city in Brazil, and a few years ago I went to one of the biggest cities in my country-Rio de Janeiro. The city is beautiful and I had a great time; but I also had a hard time dealing with people from there. I come from a place where people have low emotional expressivity, so I felt that people from that area was so rude.

People with low emotional expressivity can interpreted people with high emotions as being mean and unpolite; on the other hand, low emotional expressivity can appear boring.


When we have students with different emotions than us, we need to be very understanding about it because in the end of the day, culture speaks louder.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas